This year’s state and local elections are crucial – we have a chance to capture a majority in the state Senate and put Republicans back into local office.
Here’s a list of our Republican nominees running in the 8th District:
- Tim McGhee, 30th Senate District
- Caren Merrick, 31st Senate District
- Patrick Forrest, 32nd Senate District
- Robert Sarvis, 35th Senate District
- Jeff Frederick, 36th Senate District
- Miller Baker, 39th Senate District
House of Delegates
- Mac Cannon, 36th House District
City of Alexandria Local Office
- Chris Marston, Clerk of the Circuit Court
Fairfax County Local Office
- Spike Williams, Chairman of the Board of Supervisors
- Bill Cooper, Sheriff
- Dennis Husch, Dranesville Supervisor
- David Feld, Mason District Supervisor
- Chris Grisafe, Providence District Supervisor
- Lolita Mancheno-Smoak, Fairfax County School Board At-Large*
- Sheree Brown-Kaplan, Fairfax County School Board At-Large*
- Lin-Dai Kendall, Fairfax County School Board At-Large*
- Nancy Linton, Fairfax County School Board, Hunter Mill District*
- Michelle Nellenbach, Fairfax County School Board, Mt. Vernon District*
- Patty Reed, Fairfax County School Board, Providence District*
- Thomas Cranmer, Fairfax County Soil & Water Board
- John Peterson, Fairfax County Soil & Water Board
*Republican endorsee for a non-partisan office
Registering to Vote
You can register to vote in person or by mail. The voter registration deadline is Monday, October 17. You can print this form and mail it in, or register in person at the appropriate office below. You must register in person at the appropriate location below or get your form postmarked by Monday, October 17th and mailed to the appropriate office below:
City of Alexandria
132 North Royal Street, Suite 100 (map)
2100 Clarendon Blvd., Suite 320 (map)
12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 323 (map)
City of Falls Church
300 Park Avenue, Room 101E (map)
Valid reasons for voting absentee are listed here. You can vote absentee in person by going to your city or county’s office, listed in the second page of this document; you can vote by mail by completing the same form.
Dates to Know
Saturday, July 16 — The Arlington County Republican Committee will choose nominees for County Board, Treasurer, Commissioner of Revenue, Sheriff, Commonwealth’s Attorney, and School Board by canvass. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Tuesday, August 23 — Primary election day in Virginia. Vote at your polling place. We will have more details closer to primary day.
Friday, September 23 — Absentee voting begins. Click here for information from the State Board of Elections on how to vote absentee.
Monday, October 17 — Voter registration deadline. You can get a voter registration form here.
Saturday, November 5 — Absentee voting ends.
Tuesday, November 8 — Election Day. On the ballot are state House and Senate races and local government races. The polls will open at 6:00 am and close at 7:00 pm.