In 2020, we will re-elect a President, elect a new U.S. Senator to replace Mark Warner, and elect a new Congressman to replace Don Beyer.
2020 8th District Republican Convention
Saturday, May 30th
The 8th District Republican Committee is finalizing details an “unassembled” or “drive-thru” convention to take place on the originally scheduled date of May 30th. Check the 2020 Convention page and the homepage for details.
The 8th District Republican Committee has voted to hold a convention to:
- Nominate a candidate for Congress;
- Elect three delegates and three alternate delegates to the 2020 Republican National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina;
- Elect three representatives on the Republican Party of Virginia State Central Committee;
- Nominate one elector for the 8th District for the Electoral College;
- Elect a Chairman of the 8th District Republican Committee to a two-year term; and
- Conduct any other business that may come before the convention.
The Convention will be held at the Waterford at Springfield, 6715 Commerce Street, Springfield (map).
Check our 2020 Convention page for more information.
2020 Republican Party of Virginia Statewide Convention
May 2, 2020
Greater Richmond Convention Center
There will be a statewide Republican Party of Virginia convention
on May 2, 2020 at the Greater Richmond Convention Center in Richmond, Virginia. The state convention will:
1) Instruct Virginia delegates to the 2020 Republican National Convention on voting for the presidential nominee;
2) Elect 12 at-large delegates and 12 at-large alternate delegates to the Republican National Convention;
3) Nominate two Electors At-Large for the Electoral College;
4) Elect a state party chairman to a four-year term;
5) Elect a National Committeeman and National Committeewoman to serve a four-year term on the Republican National Committee; and
6) Conduct any other business that may come before the convention.
The Fairfax County Republican Convention was held on March 13th. Click here for the recap.
2020 Statewide Primary for U.S. Senate
There will be a statewide primary to choose our Republican nominee for U.S. Senate on Tuesday, June 9th, 2020. All voters will vote at their regular polling place.
The candidates for the Republican nomination are:
April 26, 2020 — Absentee voting opens for the June 9 U.S. Senate primary. May 2, 2020 — Statewide Republican Party of Virginia Convention at the Greater Richmond Convention Center in Lynchburg, Virginia. Registration deadlines apply; click here for information.
May 26, 2020 — Deadline to register to vote or update your registration in order to be eligible to vote in the June 23rd U.S. Senate primary, if you are not already registered.
May 30, 2020 — 8th District Republican Convention in Springfield. Click here for details.
June 16, 2020 — Last day to request an absentee ballot for the June 23rd U.S. Senate primary to be mailed to you. Request a mailed absentee ballot here.
*NEW DATE* June 23, 2020 — U.S. Senate primary. Vote at your regular polling place.
September 19, 2020 — Absentee voting opens for the 2020 general elections.
October 13, 2020 — Deadline to register to vote or update your registration for the 2020 general elections.
October 27, 2020 — Last day to request a mailed absentee ballot for the 2020 general elections.
October 31, 2020 — Last day of in-person absentee voting for the 2020 general elections.
Check back for more information on the 2020 elections as it develops.