Sen. Brown shocked the political world by winning Massachusetts’ Senate seat as the Republican nominee early last year. He will be signing copies of his newly-released book, Against All Odds: My Life of Hardship, Fast Breaks, and Second Chances. All tickets and sponsorships include a copy of Against All Odds.
The Chairman’s Book Club event on Monday, June 20, from 7 pm to 9 pm at the law offices of Mark S. Allen, 111 Oronoco St. in Old Town Alexandria.
Tickets and Sponsorship Levels
- Individual ticket, $65, includes copy of Against All Odds
- Couples, $100, includes copy of Against All Odds and two tickets
- Sponsor, $250, includes copy of Against All Odds, two tickets, priority entry for the signing, and special recognition
- Co-Host, $500, includes copy of Against All Odds, two tickets, priority recognition for the signing, special recognition, and a photo with Senator Brown
Critical Acclaim for Against All Odds
“Powerful stuff. . . .This isn’t your typical memoir. It is brutally honest, difficult to read, and important.”
— The Tucson Citizen
“A fresh, compelling memoir of a childhood that could have led to a miserable life, but didn’t. . . .Brown’s straightforward narrative makes for a good read.”
— Louisville Courier Journal
“A[n] engaging autobiography. . . . A rags-to-riches narrative that sometimes recalls Horatio Alger. . . . Lyricism and occasional symbolic richness emerge in these pages.”
— The New York Review of Books
“Dramatic. . . . Poignant. . . . Scott Brown’s life could have veered horribly wrong so many times, as he amply demonstrates in his disquieting memoir. . . . A reader will get an everything’s-finally-right-with-the-world thrill from his success in life.
— The Washington Post
Thanks to Our Supporters
Event Host Sponsors
- Cardinal Events
- Alexandria Cupcake (Adnan Hamidi & Kathy Taylor)
- Law Offices of Mark S. Allen
- Jay Test
- Mike Ginsberg