INFORMATION ON VOTING ABSENTEE
Under Virginia law, you can vote absentee because of at least one of the following reasons:
- You are absent for business purposes, for example, you are employed somewhere other than your hometown;
- You are a student at a higher education institution (such as college away from your hometown);
- You are absent for personal business or vacation;
- You have a disability, illness, or are pregnant, making you unable to get to the polls;
- You are working 11 of the 13 hours the polls will be open;
- You are active duty military.
- Click here to see the full list of reasons.
It is extremely important to vote, so if you cannot get to the polls next Tuesday, please vote absentee.
The deadline for applying to vote absentee by mail in Arlington County, Alexandria City, Fairfax County, and Falls Church City is today, June 1, by 5:00 pm. Download the application here. Since it is so close to the deadline, if you have not already applied, please try to vote absentee in person if possible.
The deadline for voting absentee in person, meaning you physically go to your respective elections office to cast your vote, is ongoing and continues through Saturday, June 5th. Details are as follows:
- Arlington County: Vote at 2100 Clarendon Blvd., Suite #320 (near Courthouse Metro). It will be open every day through Saturday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Click here for more information.
- Alexandria City: Vote at 132 N. Royal St., open every day through Saturday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, and extended hours TODAY, Tuesday, June 1st, from 8:00 am to 7:30 pm. Click here for more information.
- Fairfax County: Vote at the Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 323, open every day through Friday from 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, and Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Click here for more information.
- Falls Church City: Vote at City Hall, 300 Park Avenue, open every day through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, and Saturday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Click here for more information.
Please feel free to comment on this post or email Chairman Mike Ginsberg at email@example.com with any questions.