Here are the details of the 8th District Republican Convention, which will be held this Saturday, May 21st.
Registration: 8:00am to 9:00am
You must be in line to register by 9:00am, so please allow time for traffic and parking.
The Convention: 9:00am to 12:00pm
The 8th District Committee uses ranked-choice voting; therefore, delegates will cast only one ballot. Delegates are free to leave after voting.
Location: Waterford Event Center, 6715 Commerce St, Springfield, VA 22150
Note: The facility has a new owner and the venue name is now the Waterford Event Center Entering the previous venue name — the Waterford at Springfield — may not give you directions to the location.
Only credentialed delegates who properly filed through their respective Unit Committee are eligible to vote.
You must present your government-issued photo ID to cast your ballot.
Order of Business
The order of the convention shall be as follows:
- Call to Order
- Opening Ceremonies
- Election of Temporary Chairman
- Election of Temporary Secretary
- Reading of the Call
- Report of the Credentials Committee
- Report of the Rules Committee
- Speeches by Candidates for District Chair (3 minutes each)
- Speeches by Candidates for Congress
- Election for District Chair and Congress
- Announcement of Results
- Remarks by Nominee