***Note: The information below is about the current 8th District. The redistricting process will change the boundaries of the district. The General Assembly has passed a redistricting plan that we believe will become the final lines. Get the details here.
The 8th Congressional District includes all of the City of Alexandria, Arlington County, and Falls Church City, as well as a part of Fairfax County. As you can see, the district covers a lot of ground! From Reston in the west to Ft. Belvoir in the south, and through Arlington, Alexandria, and Falls Church, the district covers a diverse array of communities.
Overall, the 8th District includes 151 precincts in our four local units, with more than 400,000 registered voters.
Am I in the 8th District?
Check the list below to see if your precinct is in the 8th. Or use the State Board of Elections look-up service to find the Congressional district and polling place for your street address.
Alexandria City: All 26 precincts
- Alexandria precincts: Agudis Achim Congregation, Blessed Sacrament Church, Cameron Station (new in ’06), Charles Beatley Library, Chinquapin Park Rec. Center (permanent location: Minnie Howard School), City Hall, Cora Kelly Rec. Center, Douglas MacArthur School (former location: 2nd Presbyterian Church), Durant Memorial Center (former location: Jefferson Houston School). Fire Department HQ, George Mason School, George Washington School, James Polk School, John Adams School, Ladrey Senior Center, Lee Center, Lyles Crouch School, Maury School, Mt. Vernon Rec. Center, NOVA Arts Center, St. Martin de Porres Senior Center (former location: Patrick Henry School), St. James Church (new in ’06), Samuel Tucker School, South Port Apts., Temple Beth El Synagogue, William Ramsay Rec. Center.
Arlington County: All 50 precincts
- Arlington precincts: Abingdon, Arlington, Arlington Forest, Arlington Mill, Arlington View, Ashlawn, Ashton Hts., Aurora Hills, Ballston, Barcroft, Buckingham, Cherrydale, Claremont, Clarendon, Columbia, Courtlands, Crystal City, Crystal Plaza (new in ’07), Dawson Terrace, Dominion Hills, E. Falls Church, Fairlington, Fillmore, Four Mile Run, Glebe, Glen Carlyn, Hume, Jefferson, Lexington, Lyon Park, Lyon Village, Madison, Marshall, Monroe, Nottingham, Oakland, Oakridge, Overlee Knolls, Park Lane, Rock Spring, Rosslyn, Shirlington, Thrifton, Virginia Highlands, Virginia Square, Westover, Wilson, Woodbury, Woodlawn, Yorktown.
Fairfax County: 70 precincts, in six magisterial districts.
- Dranesville precincts: Pimmit, Westhampton.
- Hunter Mill precincts: Aldrin, Cameron Glen (new in ’08), Dogwood, Glade, Hunters Woods, North Point, Reston #1, Reston #2, Reston #3, South Lakes, Sunrise Valley, Terraset, Westbriar, Wolf Trap.
- Lee precincts: Bush Hill, Cameron, Clermont, Fairfield, Franconia, Groveton, Hayfield, Huntley, Island Creek, Kingstowne, Lane, Mount Eagle, Pioneer, Rose Hill, Van Dorn, Villages, Virginia Hills, Wilton.
- Mason precincts: Baileys, Bren Mar, Edsall, Glen Forest #1, Glen Forest #2, Holmes #1 (part), Lincolnia, Parklawn, Skyline, Walnut Hill #1, Westlawn, Weyanoke, Whittier, Willston.
- Mt. Vernon precincts: Belle Haven, Belleview, Belvoir, Bucknell, Grosvenor, Hollin Hall, Huntington, Kirkside, Marlan, Sherwood, Woodlawn.
- Providence precincts: Fort Buffalo, Graham, Greenway, Marshall, Magarity, Pine Spring, Shreve, Timber Lane, Tysons, Walnut Hill #2, Woodburn.
Falls Church City: All 5 wards
- Falls Church precincts: Ward 1 (Th. Jefferson School), Ward 2 (Oakwood Apts.), Ward 3 (Boy Scout Lodge), Ward 4 (Community Center), Ward 5 (American Legion).
(See: Falls Church precinct list.)
Here are the totals for the 8th District:
|Fairfax County (part)||70||187,000
|Falls Church City||5||7600
|1/ – Registered voters as of Dec. 2007, from SBE.
2/ – Population as of 2000, from U.S. Census.