The Falls Church City Republican Committee will hold a mass meeting on Thursday, March 17th to elect a committee chairman and delegates to the 8th District Republican Convention and the statewide Republican convention.
Filing forms for Falls Church City residents to attend the 8th District Convention must be received by 6:00 pm on Thursday.
From the Falls Church GOP:
The Mass Meeting of the Falls Church City Republican Committee will be held Thursday, March 17, beginning at 7:30 PM at the American Legion, 400 N. Oak Street.
Members will meet:
1. To elect a Unit Chairman and members of the Falls Church City Republican Committee.
2. To elect up to 35 Delegates and an equal number of Alternates to the Republican Party of Virginia 8th Congressional District Convention, to be held on Saturday, May 7, 2016, at Kenmore Middle School, 200 S. Carlin Springs Road, Arlington, Virginia 22204, or its alternate site, beginning at 10:00 AM local time, for the purposes of:
a) electing an 8th Congressional District Chairman of the Republican Party;
b) electing three (3) member of the State Central Committee;
c) electing three (3) delegates and three (3) alternate delegates to the Republican National Convention to be held at Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, Ohio, beginning on July 18, 2016;
d) nominating one (1) elector to be voted for the presidential election on November 8, 2016;
e) nominating the Republican candidate for the office of U.S. House of Representatives for the 8th Congressional District; and
f) for the transaction of such other business as may properly come before the convention.
Each unit (FCCRC is a unit) is entitled to one (1) Delegate Vote per 500 Republican votes for Governor and President at their last election, so that Falls Church City is entitled to 7 Delegate Votes and 35 maximum delegates;
3. To elect up to 65 Delegates and an equal number of Alternates to the Republican Party of Virginia’s State Convention to be held April 29-30 at the James Madison University Convocation Center in Harrisonburg, Virginia, or its alternate site, beginning at 10:00 AM for the purpose of nominating a Republican candidate for the United States Senate.
Each unit is entitled to one (1) Delegate Vote per 250 Republican votes for Governor and President at their last election, so that Falls Church City is entitled to 13 Delegate Votes and 65 maximum delegates; and for
4. The transaction of such other business as may properly come before the Mass Meeting.
To review and download forms, please visit the FCCRC Mass Meeting website at FallsChurchVaGOP.com.
1. You should fill out your form and mail it promptly to the address provided on the form or bring it with you to the Mass Meeting.
2. Please follow the instruction on the website and the forms.
3. Anyone may attend the meeting but only paid-up members of FCCRC may vote at the Mass Meeting or be candidates for any office or offices.
Contact FallsChurchGOP@gmail.com with any questions.